Volunteers make our work possible!
In 2019, CVPA is transitioning to an organization with full Board and community engagement. New Directors have joined the Board and ongoing advisors, community supporters and volunteers are helping us draw a new roadmap to guide us on the journey.
The challenges are considerable:
- Achieving a sustainable plan for the Point’s Vaux-designed country seat – called Hoyt House – will also require extensive restoration of roads, bridges and utilities to make the site financially viable and ensure it is accessible for visitors.
- Expanding public awareness of Calvert Vaux’s seminal role in American architecture and landscape design, and restoring the Vaux-designed landscape at The Point, will be pivotal to enlisting the large constituencies required to support such an extensive project.
- Capitalizing on the potential value that Calvert Vaux resources throughout the Hudson Valley and New York City can have for heritage tourism and economic development in the Mid Hudson Valley will serve the regional economy and help ensure that CVPA can reach its goals.
As you see, we have a lot of ground to cover.
What you can do:
- Volunteer your professional skills and/or time to CVPA groups spearheading Restoration & Adaptive Reuse, Calvert Vaux Legacy and Local Community Support.
- Sign up to receive updates on projects, events and volunteer opportunities.
- Make a generous donation to support CVPA’s 2nd Decade!
Thank you for your interest in
Calvert Vaux Preservation Alliance!